Friday, March 29, 2019

Jeopardy

Finally some warm sun on my skin after the longest winter ever
A couple of weeks ago, something happened in my relationship that I just really thought was behind us. I won't go into detail here, but suffice it to say that the episode made me feel extremely disheartened, disillusioned, angry, sad... all the bad feelings.

My man and I had a really hard time talking about it, and in particular, he was unable to hear me say these things I was feeling without immediately jumping to talking about how hard it is for him that he let me down.

Over and over I tried to approach this with him, even sought the help of my therapist on how to do so, and every time I was met with the same result.

It just doesn't feel viable to me to be in a relationship where my partner cannot acknowledge it if he screws up, listen to how difficult it is for me, empathize with me, and try to soothe my pain.

I want to be a compassionate human being and partner, I really do, so I am witholding judgement about how things are going to turn out.

But I gotta tell ya, when I heard this classic on the radio the other day, I thought "something is in jeopardy -- not sure it's our love - but definitely our prospects for the future:

Where were you when I needed you?
Well, you could not be found
What can I do? Oh, I believed in you
You're running me around
Well you can take it as a warning
Or take it any way you like
It's the lightning, not the thunder
You never know when it's going to strike
Our love's in jeopardy, baby
Oooooooo
Our love's in jeopardy, baby
Oooooooo
Don't be cute, don't be funny now
It's later than you think
Oh what's the use? Oh save your money now
It's hanging on the brink
Don't let go while I'm hanging on
Cuz I've been hanging on so long
It's so hard to be all alone
I know you're not that strong, yea, yea
Our love's in jeopardy, baby
Ooooooo
Our love's in jeopardy, baby
Ooooooo
Don't let go
While I'm hanging on
Cuz I've been hanging on so long
It's so hard to be all alone
I know you're not that strong, yea, yea
Our love's in jeopardy, baby
Ooooooo
Our love's in jeopardy, baby
Ooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment