Saturday, December 31, 2011

Where have all the cowboys gone

Still in recovery mode from time spent with my family of origin, I tried to shift gears and get ready to go out to ring in the New Year. At the very least, I was excited to have a new dress to wear, and this tune came to me in my preparatory shower:

Why don't you stay the evening
Kick back and watch the TV
And I'll fix a little something to eat
Oh I know your back hurts from working on the tractor
How do you take your coffee my sweet
I will raise the children if you pay all the bills

Where is my John Wayne
Where is my prairie son
Where is my happy ending
Where have all the cowboys gone

I am wearing my new dress tonight
But you don't, but you don't even notice me
Say our goodbyes...

Kind of a downer, right? Lucky for me, I'm capable of raising the children and paying the bills, the cowboy is inside me, my man does notice me, and the only thing I'm saying goodbye to is 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment