Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Eskimo

My new backyard, under 18" of snow!

Having received an absolute dumping of snow the week before Christmas (complete with two snow days!), on Christmas morning I was able to go cross country skiing with my boyfriend.

It was a gorgeous day -- so sunny -- and the snow glistened as we skied. It was absolutely beautiful, and this song was playing inside my head much of the time:

So I look to my eskimo friend
I look to my eskimo friend
I look to my eskimo friend

Never hotter than when he's out enjoying one of his favorite sports, indeed, I looked to my eskimo friend over and over again during our adventure. And then later that day, when my kids came back, I looked to him in a different way.

A way in which he may be less comfortable, but can also be quite joyful -- as fellow witness to the wonder that is my children...

No comments:

Post a Comment