Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easy

I was in the Bay Area this past weekend. Had a conference in Oakland on Monday and Tuesday, and decided to go out a little early and see some friends in San Francisco. I had an excellent time -- blue skies both days -- got to go for a walk at the Presidio and a run in Golden Gate Park -- both with my friend -- such a treat!

After a day cooped up indoors on Monday, I sought out a yoga class and then went for a run afterward. The inner jukebox dialed up this number early in the run:

I wanna be high, so high
I wanna be free to know
The things I do are right
I wanna be free
Just me, babe!

It could've been all the black people that brought Lionel to mind (I love visiting cities full of black people -- Madison is so white!), or all the people I saw (and smelled) getting high in San Francisco, or all the talk about it, or the fact that I slept until 11am Pacific, 1pm Central time on Sunday after having a greater number than usual of adult beverages on Saturday evening, but this song just ran with me, on repeat, for the whole three miles:

That's why I'm easy
I'm easy like sunday morning
That's why I'm easy
I'm easy like sunday morning
Because I'm easy
Easy like sunday morning
Because I'm easy
Easy like sunday morning

Faith No More did a pretty fun cover of this song, too -- check it out if you are so inclined!

No comments:

Post a Comment