Friday, May 27, 2016

Gabriel's Oboe

The stage during the ABBA Montage
It's super rare that I mark a day with a song without lyrics, but this song was by far the most remarkable of all the songs I heard at my son's concert tonight.

Do yourself a favor and watch the video at least long enough to hear the oboe solo. At the concert at my son's school, the oboe was played by a member of the band who is a little person, which made the sound that came out of her -- of that instrument -- all the more impressive.

I almost didn't know what to do with the sound, and then I remembered the work I've been doing to open my heart. And I breathed the music in, encouraging it to penetrate the layers of protection that I have so carefully placed around my heart over the years...

No comments:

Post a Comment