Monday, May 29, 2017

Eternal Flame

I just wanna stay right here in this tent forever and ever
I'm having a really hard time adjusting to being back from the most magical camping adventure ever.

I've never had an easy time with transitions, or moderation, for that matter, and coming home is requiring me to deal with both. Wah.

I remember hearing this song when I was growing up, but at that point I hadn't felt it like I'm feeling it now:

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darlin'
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Is this burning an eternal flame

Nope, you're not dreaming.

Yep, this is burning an eternal flame.

I believe it's meant to be, darlin'
I watch you when you are sleeping
You belong with me
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame

Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh

I do so love it when he says my name. Both names. All the names. Sarah. Archie. Babe. Any of the many terms of endearment he uses for me:

Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh

I sure don't. And I won't, lose it that is. But I do have to share myself and him with the rest of the world:

Close your eyes, give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame

Uh-huh. And a smokin' hot eternal flame at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment