Sunday, July 9, 2017

Lucky Star

My lucky star for so many family trips here...
I felt soooooo lucky when my cousin said it would work for my man and I to come visit when he and his husband were planning to be at the cottage on Lake Michigan where our families vacationed together as kids.

Many of those trips were HARD because of the difficult dynamics of our respective families, and I was SO grateful for my relationship with this cousin. We'd spend hours together, talking, walking, swimming and being away from the mayhem that awaited us back at the cottage.

My cousin and I are both huge Madonna fans, and when my man and I were driving to Onekama, we heard this song:

You must be my Lucky Star
'Cause you shine on me wherever you are
I just think of you and I start to glow
And I need your light
And baby you know

Family photo with Frenchies! We love their doggies too.
Starlight, starbright first star I see tonight
Starlight, [starbright] make everything all right
Starlight, starbright first star I see tonight
Starlight, [starbright] yeah

You must be my Lucky Star
'Cause you make the darkness seem so far
And when I'm lost you'll be my guide
I just turn around and you're by my side

Of course, these days, we both have someone really great by our sides all the time - my boyfriend and his husband. It was awesome to all hang out together -- we had an amazing time.

We even listened to some Madonna, just for old time's sake:

Come on shine your heavenly body tonight
'Cause I know you're gonna make everything all right

You may be my lucky star
But I'm the luckiest by far

Soooooooooo incredibly lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment