Friday, April 13, 2012

Hold on Loosely

I've been suffering from a couple of physical ailments the last few days -- started with a sore low back and then added pain in my right wrist. I went to the chiropractor for my back, and I also called my friend, who is often the one to point me in the Louise Hay direction when I'm experiencing physical pain.

According to Louise, the pain in my lower back was calling out for me to affirm this:

I trust life to support me. My every need is taken care of. All my bills are paid. I am safe.

As it happens, I have been freaking out of late about finances. Taxes always do that to me, for one thing -- they are almost always an occasion for me to cough up a bunch of cash rather than getting a big fat refund, so I never like to face that music. And I'm still trying to establish a system whereby I can live on one income and support my kids. I think I'm onto something now (started a new system this month), but I'm still dealing with the recriminations of the time when I was in denial that it wasn't going to work to spend more than I earn.

The other pain I've had going is in my wrist. I realized the other day on my bike that I was gripping the handlebars tightly and when I went over a big bump, it really hurt my wrist. Fast forward a few days, I was mountain biking, and I suddenly had the realization that I had the death grip going again -- and that's when this song popped into my head:

Just hold on loosely but don't let her go
If you cling too tightly
You're gonna lose control
Your baby needs someone to believe in
And a whole lot of space to breathe in

I reckon Louise Hay agrees with my 38 Special-inspired advice -- here's what she suggests as an affirmation when you feel pain in your wrist:

I handle all my experiences with wisdom, with love, and with ease.

Hmmmm. Could use some work in that category. On a bike, off a bike, with my kids, with my lover. Maybe I'll just let 38 Special sing my theme song for a few days, with this chorus on repeat:

Just hold on loosely but don't let her go
If you cling too tightly
You're gonna lose control
Your baby needs someone to believe in
And a whole lot of space to breathe in

I think they're right -- my babies, all three of them, need those things, and so do I...

No comments:

Post a Comment