Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ice Cream

I've been neglecting my blog of late, and I don't have a lot of time this eve, but I gotta get back in the game. Plus, as it turns out, when you spend the better part of a day in bed with the ipod on shuffle, you're gonna have a lot of contenders for songs with which to mark it.

But this is the one that has lingered, perhaps because I gave up caffeine, alcohol and refined sugar for Lent (not because I'm religious, but because I love a good cleanse):

Your love
Is better than ice cream.
Better than anything else that I've tried
And your love
Is better than ice cream
Everyone here knows how to cry

(Especially me -- I'm a big believer)

Your love
Is better than chocolate
Better than anything else that I've tried
And oh love is better than chocolate...

Don't know if I've ever been more grateful for this truth. In the past, chocolate has been the hardest thing to give up, but this time it's sugar.

I guess that's because my sugar intake was ramped up pretty far over the last couple of months. On a recent afternoon, I found myself making a peanut butter, chocolate chip, and marshmallow sandwich for lunch. If that's not my body beggin' me for a cleanse, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment