Saturday, February 2, 2013

I'll See You Again

Youtube now sends me emails suggesting videos it thinks I might like, and today one of its selections for me was this one:

Always you will be part of me
And I will forever feel your strength
When I need it most
You're gone now, gone but not forgotten
I can't say this to your face
But I know you hear

I don't know much about the band, and I'm pretty sure the song is about someone dying, but it resonated with me nonetheless. My boyfriend is off skiing this weekend and out of cell phone range, and although I miss having him around, particularly this weekend when I don't have my kids, it kinda feels like he's here with me in spirit:

I'll see you again
You never really left
I feel you walk beside me
I know I'll see you again

Maybe that's why I'm feeling ok about the prospect of him moving away -- both the feeling that part of him is still with me:

When I'm lost, I'm missing you like crazy
And I tell myself I'm so blessed
To have had you in my life, my life

...and the knowledge that whatever happens, I'm better off having had him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment