Friday, February 14, 2014

Hooked on a Feeling

Today I drove to Oshkosh and back for work. I listened to a book part of the way, but eventually I got bored with it and turned on the radio. Maybe it was because it's Valentine's Day, but every station that I tuned into was playing a cheesy love song.

Not that cheesy love songs are all bad. In fact, some of them are so good that the original version:

I can't stop this feelin', deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize, what you do to me
When ya hold me in your arms, so tight
You let me know, everything's all right

I, I'm hooked on a feelin'
High on believin', that you're in love with me

Lips are sweet as candy, the taste stays on my mind
Girl, you keep me thirsty for another cup of wine
I got it bad for you girl, but I don't need a cure
I'll just stay addicted and hope I can endure

All the good love, when we're all alone
Keep it up, girl, yeah ya turn me on

...inspires numerous covers, like this one by Blue Swede from the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, this one from Vonda Shepard of Ally McBeal soundtrack fame, and this bizarre version by David Hasselhoff, complete with the cheesiest video you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment