Monday, February 17, 2014

I Miss You

Here's another song for which I didn't quite get the timing right to mark my day:

To see you when I wake up, is a gift I didn't think could be real
To know that you feel the same, as I do, is a three-fold utopian dream
You do something to me
That I can't explain
So would I be out of line, If I said
I miss you.

I see your picture, I smell your skin on, the empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days, but already I am wasting away
I know I'll see you again
Whether far or soon
But I need you to know, that I care
And I miss you

...because my love has been gone a lot longer than 10 days -- it's been almost 8 months. It's hard for me to believe I've tolerated being alone for that long. I really miss being touched. I miss having another body in my bed.

Now that we're talking again and have a visit on the horizon, I know that this time apart is finite even if it feels infinite sometimes. I also know that these feelings about what's missing are most acute when I don't like what's right in front of me now.

So I'm just going to try to hang in there, deal with what comes when it comes, and hopefully, before I know it, I'll be back in his arms again...

No comments:

Post a Comment