Saturday, November 14, 2015

Can't Help Falling in Love

This has been an interesting week for realizations and revelations. Maybe it's the new moon -- I'm not sure. But one of my realizations concerns the man I've had a crush on for the last few weeks.

I've been telling myself that he is not ready for a relationship like I am; that his heart is on lock down (which I can physically see when we practice yoga together). And then this week, every time I went to lie down in savasana after practice, I felt this cage around the back of my heart. Maybe my heart's on lock down too?

As I was pondering this, I also remembered my friend telling me that you don't attract what you want, you attract what you are, and that felt like more evidence that I too am guarding my heart.

When I got home last night from my loooooonggg, magical day, I happened to see a picture of said crush on Facebook. And when I saw it, I just thought to myself: I love this man.

Who knows what will happen? Who knows if he will end up being my person in this time and space. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

I went to a yoga class this afternoon with my friend, and the teacher ended class with this poem from Rumi:

“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”

Remembering my response to the picture on Facebook, I thought to myself; "Ok heart, I trust you. You've only led me to magical things in the past."

True, the most magical of which ended in heartbreak (hence the lock-down ) but if I could go back, I wouldn't trade that love for any other. I really wouldn't.

And I don't have to, because I reckon I'm just about to fall in love again, Ingrid Michaelson (cover) style:

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
So take my hand, and take my whole life too
'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows so surely to the sea
Oh my darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
So won't you please just take my hand, and take my whole life too
'Cause I can't help falling in love, in love with you
'Cause I can't help falling in love, falling in love,
I keep falling in love with you

No comments:

Post a Comment