Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cheerleader

It's cold here, so my number one selection factor in choosing a place to yoga this morning was heat. My friend said she was going to a class at The Studio downtown, so I decided to join her. I adore the teacher, even a little more each time I take a class with him, and today's class was awesome.

At one point, the teacher was doing something he characteristically does where he gets all excited while helping someone and says their name in a super cute way, and this very annoying song popped into my head:

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her

Annoying, yes, but also apropos. And I don't even need to correct the pronoun. Because while that particular yoga teacher is indeed a great cheerleader, it's the fact that he helps me access my own inner cheerleader that is truly powerful:

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her...

No comments:

Post a Comment