Sunday, July 3, 2016

Balance Beam

Here I am, on the water AND maintaining my groundedness!
Here's the thing I found once we got up here (the cabin): for the most part, it was lovely!

-The weather was lovely
-The water was lovely
-The kids got along great
-I had great yoga practices assisted by my Mom and Dad

So why the dread? Methinks it is old dread, related to a time past, but still lingering in the body.

Once I found my equilibrium again, I was fine, able to stay grounded even on the water, which felt pretty damn amazing. The experience brought to mind balance, and with that theme, this song:

I haven't been quite the same
So sure the story of my life would never change
In a bright eyed way
I rinsed out the soap in my eyes and wrote a song that I'm about to sing
'cause it's about a girl that I hardly even know
So this is not another love song
Just a list of things that I should know
Everyone should know that...

One: You've got to take it kind of slowly
Two: You've got to hurry up and make your move
Three: You've got to tell her that she's pretty
Four: You've got to be the perfect gentleman
When you shake the wall, you've got to make it bend
Yeah you're got to show her that she's a balance beam
And I keep falling all around this fairy tale.

I'm not entirely sure what this song means, but clearly, as the last verse suggests, I am a balance beam...

No comments:

Post a Comment