Thursday, July 21, 2016

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

So often, especially these days, the articles and videos that I see in my Facebook feed are heavy, but this video of FLOTUS doing carpool karaoke is the complete opposite. It's light. It's joyful. It's exuberant. It's real. It's honest. It's awesome!

She sang a few different songs, but this Stevie Wonder (her fave) classic was among them:

Like a fool I went and stayed too long
Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong
Oo baby, here I am,
Signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours
Then that time I went and said goodbye
Now I'm back and not ashamed to cry
Oo baby, here I am,
Signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours

Here I am baby
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)

Here I am baby,
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)

I've done alot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean
Hey, hey, yea, yea, didn't I, oh baby

Seen alot of things in this old world
When I touched them they did nothing, girl

Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered,
I'm yours, oh I'm yours
Oo-wee babe you set my soul on fire
That's why I know you are my only desire

Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered,
I'm yours Here I am baby
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)

Here I am baby,
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)

I've done alot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean
I could be a broken man but here I am

With your future, got your future babe (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)
Here I am baby, (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)
Here I am baby, (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)

It is a happy number, and it's a happy time, when you're in love and it feels certain that's where you will say. Impermanence, my friends. We don't stay anywhere.

Speaking of not being able to feel the ground beneath your feet, I just drove home through the biggest thunderstorm I've ever  driven through in my nearly 30 years behind the wheel. So scary.

And as I drove, I listened to Ta'Nehisi Coates' book, Between the World and Me. Wow. What an incredible, thought-provoking read. I highly recommend it for people like me who are grappling for answers to all the mayhem that is going on in our society right now. It's eye opening, and it's beautifully written, and it represents a perspective from which most of us can learn a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment