Thursday, August 25, 2016

Breakdown

Usually when I go to acupuncture, I tell her what's going on with me and I trust my acupuncturist to give me what I need. It's not that I didn't trust her today, it's just that I was very clear on what I needed: to lie on my stomach and have the needles in my back assist me in releasing all the grief and fear I had been housing since the trip to Michigan (and some of it for a lot longer than that).

She agreed that was an appropriate treatment, and onto my belly I went. The release came almost immediately, and it was so, so helpful to let go of some of it.

Later in the day, I heard Tom Petty's song about breakdowns, and it feels like just the song to mark this day:

It's all right if you love me
It's all right if you don't
I'm not afraid of you running away
Honey, I've got the feeling you won't

There is no sense in pretending
Your eyes give you away
Something inside you is feeling like I do
We said all there is to say

Baby Breakdown
Go ahead and give it to me
Breakdown honey take me through the night
Breakdown now I standin' here can't you see
Breakdown, it's all right
It's all right
It's all right

Breakdown
Go ahead and give it to me
Breakdown honey take me through the night
Breakdown now I standin' here can't you see
Breakdown, it's all right
It's all right
It's all right

Since I don't have a honey with whom to breakdown, I sure am grateful for my acupuncturist (and other members of my pit crew), for being there for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment