Thursday, September 22, 2016

Love is a Burden

I heard this song bright (actually it was still dark) and early this morning on my way to practice:

I've been sleepin' with a ghost of you
I've been walkin' in these same old shoes
I've been tryin' hard to leave you alone
I'd be lying if I said I let you go

Phew I thought to myself. Not my story anymore. And I gotta disagree with this song's premise:

Love is a burden
Love is a burden
It's bringing me down
It's bringing me down
Like a heavy load

Now I get that it can be hard sometimes when love doesn't work out. But a burden?

To borrow a word (or at least it's pronunciation) from my last love: Nawwwww.

Never. Love is a gift. It's a treasure. It lightens. It buoys. It lifts. It reinforces. It strengthens.

And I feel incredibly fortunate to know that...

No comments:

Post a Comment