Monday, July 18, 2011

The Dam at Otter Creek

The temptation, now that he's no longer able to access my blog, to write about my ex-husband in a less charitable way, I'll admit, is there. Especially after a recent episode with the kids, which involved, get ready for this -- them being bitten and scratched by otters while on my watch. It was a traumatic experience for all those present, and I'm sure it was pretty scary for my babydaddy to hear about it secondhand, but the fact that it turned into yet another way for him to point out what he sees as my less-than-optimal mothering is a pretty big drag for yours truly.

I know it must be hard for him with my new boyfriend here, spending time with his kids -- god knows it was an adjustment for me when I first dropped my kids off with his new woman -- but of course, he can't admit that, or let himself feel the sadness of which Live sings:

When all that's left to do
Is reflect on what's been done
This is where sadness breathes
The sadness of everyone

So he evades the sadness by finding things to be mad at me about. It's a drag, but there isn't much I can do about it, and I don't want to live my life able to be derailed by his negative energy, that's for damn sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment