Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Sticking With You

This sweet song came on while my boyfriend and I were kicking off a weekend in which we had no obligations -- and we got to literally live these lyrics -- it was awesome!

I'm sticking with you
'Cause I'm made out of glue
Anything that you might do
I'm gonna do too

Of course, during normal circumstances, when we're being pulled and stretched by family and work, it just isn't possible to have the 24/7 glue. Which I'm sure is a good thing -- but after being apart for a year, I haven't reached the point where I'm ready to unstick much, though I reckon I'll have to a bit more when my kids come back from their vacation with their Dad and my man starts his new job.

I'll work on applying these lyrics both literally and figuratively -- though cryptic, they feel apropos of the love we share:

But with you by my side I can do anything
When we swing
We hang past right or wrong

The link above is from the Juno soundtrack -- but I quite like this live version I found on youtube, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment