Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boy

Tonight while we were making dinner, my man started singing a blast from my past:

Let's hear it for the boy
Let's give the boy a hand
Let's hear it for my baby
You know you got to understand

Whoa, maybe he's no romeo
But he's my lovin one-man show
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Let's hear it for the boy

Loved the movie Footloose when I was a young thang -- and this song played a prominent role in the movie (at least in my memory it does). It's so fun for me to date someone who sings the songs of my youth (for the record, he'd just heard it on the radio, it wasn't on the internal jukebox). Looking at the lyrics, some of them don't fit (he's definitely Romeo) but some ring sorta true:

My baby may not be rich
He's watchin every dime
But he loves me loves me loves me
We always have a real good time

And maybe he sings off key
But that's alright by me
Because what he does he does so well
Makes me wanna yell

Let's hear it for the boy!

Indeed. I married a man who always had money and always sang on key, but I've never felt loved like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment