Thursday, February 2, 2012

True

When I moved out three and a half years ago, I purposely did not get a TV, and mostly, I haven't missed it much. But once in a while I learn about a cultural phenomenon I'm missing out on, and I want in on the action. At my daughter's soccer game, one of the Moms mentioned Modern Family one day, and many of the other parents joined in the conversation, laughing about it. Many of them have kids the same ages as mine so I decided if their families were enjoying it, maybe ours would too.

Although I'm a big believer that no tv is better than too much tv, there is something to be said for sitcom time -- togetherness, shared laughter, conversation starters on important things for families to discuss -- so I decided to order the DVD on Netflix. And for the past few weeks, whenever our Modern Family swells back up to four, we all settle in together to do just that.

In the episode we watched today, this song was featured. My kids, of course, were clueless about the song, but my man and I enjoyed the little mini concert of this infamous number by one of the band members:

I bought a ticket to the world,
But now I've come back again.
Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
Oh I want the truth to be said.

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true.
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true:

(They found it hard to write the next line because they weren't very good songwriters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment