Tuesday, February 7, 2012

For the First Time

I get a little worried about myself when the inner jukebox shuts off, since I know in my happiest and most creative states there is so often music playing. So I was relieved when this song came on, speaking my truth this morning, even if it wasn't particularly rosy:

Oh, these times are hard, yeah, they're making us crazy
Don't give up on me, baby

Still, I felt good about the way I dealt with this lyrical information. I told my boyfriend I wanted to spend some quality time, asked him what that looked like for him, threw in a bit of what it looked like for me, and then put this song on as he came in the door from work, pizza in hand, to a candlelit dinner table complete with wine and salad.

And then we ate, we drank, we talked, we enjoyed each other's company, and we agreed not to give up on each other, as the Script suggested...


No comments:

Post a Comment