Saturday, June 30, 2012

Here I go again

I know, right? Whitesnake? I'd like to say otherwise, but this one came from within during my bike ride to work this past week (I'm not finding summertime particularly conducive to blogging this year so I'm slow to get this one posted). The internal jukebox (this song would never have made it through the internal switch from jukebox to ipod so I'm using the old terminology) has been relatively silent lately, though, which makes me especially inclined to figure out what it's trying to say:

No, I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again
Here I go again

I reckon it's more of the same message I talked about a couple of posts back, the one that says: "Hey girl, you know how to be happy, and it isn't by shutting down, going away, or numbing out of fear. It's reaching out, it's leaving space, it's staying open out of love."

So when next I hear Whitesnake reverberating from the inside:

An' I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time

I'll remind myself just what road I've pledged to walk down -- the one that leads to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment