Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dude (Looks Like A Lady)

Today was a long day at work, the kind that'll try the patience of any yogi, especially one who only managed to get her butt out of bed early enough for sun salutes today, not her whole practice.

During the course of the day, someone said something that made me think. Apparently the quote is attributable to Margaret Thatcher, not the most feminine of women if you ask me, but here's what she said:

"Being in power is like being a lady if you have to say you are, you're not."

I like it. It sorta seems similar to the actions speak louder than words mantra I had going a week or two ago.

It also fired up this classic on the inner jukebox, which provided some relief to yours truly during her labors today:

Dude, dude, dude, dude looks like a lady
Dude, dude, dude, dude looks like a lady
Dude, dude, dude, dude looks like a lady
Dude, dude, dude, dude looks like a lady

Never judge a book by it's cover
or who you gonna love by your lover
Sayin' love put me wise to her love in disguise
She had the body of a Venus, Lord imagine my surprise.

So baby let me follow you down (let me take a peek dear)
Baby let me follow you down (do me, do me, do me all night)
Baby let me follow you down (turn the other cheek dear)
Baby let me follow you down (do me, do me, do me, do me)

Oo, what a funky lady
Oo, she like it, like it, like it, like that.
Oo he was a lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment