Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Flying Dream 143

I mentioned a couple of days ago that the book I'm reading talks about dialoging with your dreams. The author encourages her readers to ask a question before falling asleep so that they may dream the answer.

I tried it last night, asking: "What do I most need to know about my future?"

I dreamt of a softball game. I hit the ball, hard, and took off for first base. And there I stayed. I could've made it to second on the hit alone. I then got another chance when the ball was misthrown on its way back to the pitcher: I stayed on first. The next batter hit the ball, and starting running to claim his position on first, but I didn't budge, so that batter was tagged out. Now that's a pretty telling dream, isn't it? I reckon it means I'm playing it too safe. I need to venture off the base. Ok. I can dig it. It helps me have some direction.

The author also talks about dreams of flying. I never have these dreams, but I hope someday I will, because she says that dreaming that you are flying means you feel capable of anything.

If I were to have such a dream, I have to admit that it would be lovely if it took me to my lover's side, as it happened in this song:

Flying dream 143
I stretched out my arms
And my feet left the floor
And how all fifteen (ahem) stone flew to you
I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment