Wednesday, October 5, 2016

O Come All Ye Faithful

I had the best dream last night. The kind that made me wake up in a great mood, and not because something awesome happened in my dream that I wanted to happen in real life, but because something awesomely inexplicable was dancing around in my brain last night.

I dreamt that Becky, the character on Glee with Down Syndrome, got up to do karaoke. She even had an electric guitar, which is unusual for karaoke.

But the best part? The song she rocked out to was O Come All Ye Faithful.

Yeah, that's right, the Christmas Carol:

O come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant
Oh come ye O come ye to Bethlehem;
Come and behold him born the King of angels;
O come let us adore him Christ the Lord.

Ashtanga Yoga Berkeley, where the retreat was held
Weird, right? The best I can figure, this is somehow related to some of the feelings I had about working with such an amazing teacher in Berkeley. He is positively enraptured by the Ashtanga practice and just being around him renewed my own dedication.

And I always loved the Becky character, though I don't remember her ever singing. Maybe that's why she was singing a hymn rather than a popular song in my dream? After all, anybody and everybody can sing at church.

And this is my favorite verse to belt out:

Sing choirs of angels sing in exultation
Sing all ye citizens of heaven above;
Glory to God in the highest:
O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.

Can't believe it's already October! It'll be time for Christmas carols before we know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment