Thursday, September 15, 2011

Have a Heart

I reckon frustration toward the ex is the reason this number has landed on repeat on the internal jukebox:

Hey!
Shut up.
Don’t lie to me.

Because this is what I feel like screaming at him when he asserts that the motivation behind his communications with me are all in the best interest of the kids. Certainly, he wants what is best for the kids. But he refuses to acknowledge his feelings or mine in a meaningful enough way that we could actually get to a space where we could put the past behind us and come together for the kids. Instead, he wants me to get past it already, and rather than change his behavior, I am expected to desensitize myself to it:

Baby, how can you say
You should be free and I should pay and pay
And you talk and talk about you and what you need
But sooner or later your love is gonna make me bleed.

Yes folks, we reached that point a long time ago, and:

Hey, hey, have a heart, hey, have a heart.
If you don’t love me, why don’t you let me go?
Have a heart, please, oh don’t you have a heart?
Little by little you fade while I fall apart.
Oh, oh.

...I reckon it is time for me to stop falling apart over this. I was reading a book of Rumi poems last night, and this one in particular struck a chord for me:

Where You Love From

Look inside and find where a person
loves from. That's the reality,
not what they say. -Hypocrites

Word!

One final note -- I thought this song sounded great on the internal jukebox, which played my version of Bonnie Raitt. But check this chick's version out -- so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment