Friday, November 25, 2011

Catch Me I'm Falling

Today I'm nursing the wounds from my mountain biking accident yesterday. It wasn't too serious -- I managed to get up and go to an early morning workout today -- but it kinda hurts, and it REALLY hurt when my kneecap hit the huge rock. The other couple of times I've ridden that trail, I've gotten off and walked "The Stinger" section, but with my boyfriend watching me this time, I decided to show off -- hence today's tune:

Are you ready boy?
Here I come, catch me I'm falling

Fall I did, and catch me, he did, and both were huge for both of us. I cried big, fat tears when I bounced off that rock and rolled down to the side of the path, clearing away some of the residual heaviness that seems to come over me whenever I'm in the presence of my family of origin. He was right there to comfort me, which I welcomed -- and this was a huge relief to him after having had girlfriends take out their sports wounds and frustrations on him instead of appreciating his TLC.

Though we might not have been able to hear it over the crackling leaves and beating hearts, as we finished our ride on our first (in person) thanksgiving together, I reckon something along these lines was playing in the background for both of us:

Catch me I'm falling
Catch me now I'm falling
Catch me I'm falling
Catch me now I'm falling
Falling in love

No comments:

Post a Comment