Friday, November 25, 2011

Dynamite

After thanksgiving, I had the distinct pleasure of spending some girls time with my daughter and my niece. They are pretty different kids -- one is into pink and one is into sports (as evidenced by which of my shoes they chose to wear around the house) -- but they bring out the best in each other. Their activities together are wide-ranging, from a project outside involving lots of sand and leaves to the hosting of an all-girls dance party, at which this song was a huge hit:

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO!
Gotta let go!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO!
Baby, let's go!

I came to dance, dance, dance, dance
I hit the floor
'Cause that's my, plans, plans, plans, plans
I'm wearing all my favorite
Brands, brands, brands, brands
Give me space for both my hands, hands, hands, hands
Ye, ye
Cause it goes on and on and on
And it goes on and on and on

Yeah!

We hope it will go on and on and on -- we're planning to make this shoe-filled sleepover an annual tradition. Love that girls time!

No comments:

Post a Comment