Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Leaving on your mind

Last night when we got in bed, I decided to select Patsy Cline on the ipod, and this somber tune made the strongest impression on me:

If you got leavin' on your mind
Tell me now, get it over
Hurt me now, get it over
If you got leavin' on your mind

There is, of course, a small part of me that gravitates in this direction when I'm faced with the possibility that my man just won't be able to find his happiest self here, and that part can really get behind these lyrics:

Don't leave me here, in a world
Filled with dreams that might have been
Hurt me now, get it over
I may learn to love again

But mostly I still feel willing to be in it, in spite of the uncertainty -- I still feel like we have a pretty decent shot at those dreams that got him out here in the first place coming true...

No comments:

Post a Comment