Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I'm Looking for a New Love

I have a new love.

It's true: Waffles.

I had a waffle at Surf's Up in Mazatlan and I swear it was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. My first day back home, I went to Target, purchased a waffle iron, and nearly every day since, I've been working to concoct a waffle similar to the delicious waffle I had there but using some of my usual healthy breakfast ingredients. It's a work in progress, but I can't even tell you how satisfying it is when that green light goes off, telling me my waffle is done. It's the greatest invention ever (even if it was invented like 50 years ago).

As I was contemplating the fact that my new love is managing to keep me happier than one might think I'd be given everything that is going on in my life, Jody Watley started playing on the internal jukebox:

You know that I needed you
You know that you meant the world to me
You know I had to have you
Now I'm gonna find some body new
I'm looking for a new love, baby, a new love
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I'm looking for a new love, baby, a new love
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Now I'm not actually at this point with my love life -- it is possible that I will be back on the market soon -- but I don't know yet. I'm in that limbo land that most of us have experienced at one time or another in our lives, where we love someone, and they love us, but we're just not sure if we're gonna make it.

And I'm ok being in that limbo for right now, because I get that sometimes it takes time to hear what one's heart is trying to say, especially if that heart is covered with layers of protection.

Besides, along with my delicious waffle every morning, yesterday I got some hilarious spam at work that seemed to foretell some action in the boudoir:

Your every night will be a complete flame.

One of these days, my Russian princess. One of these days. Until then, keep those sweet nothings in your non-native tongue coming, because they make me laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment