Thursday, April 3, 2014

John Doe

This is kind of a strange song -- I'm sure it has a story that I don't know -- but every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head for a period of time.

This happened again today:

Seems like your heart stops working
The minute they close the curtain
And take off your mask
And take off your costume
And if anyone asks you're taking a smoke break
Drinking some coffee
But everyone knows what you're doing
Seems like the bus moves slower
Just cause you got somewhere to go
So you take a few pills in Beverly Hills
But if anyone asks you've got a prescription
You got an addiction
Who do you think that you're fooling

I think the reason it strikes a chord with me is the next line, which, for a girl who has loved her share of Jo(h)ns, including her current love, who was in her bed but is now a thousand miles away again, it makes a lot of sense:

John Doe, I just want the John I know
Once you put the drinks on hold
Maybe you could come back home
John Doe, ooh oh oh oooh
Oooh oh oh ohooh oooh
Oooh oh oh ohooh oooh

John Doe, I just want the John I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment