Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Don't Drop The Baby

I've been having some pretty strange dreams the last few nights, including two about babies. In both dreams, I was concerned about the baby either peeing or pooping. Hmmm....

As I was picking up my bedroom this morning, this song came on:

Whatever you do
Don't Drop the baby
Whatever you do
Don't Drop the baby
Whatever you do
Don't Drop the baby
The baby is small
The baby needs love
The baby will cry

Whatever you do
Don't drop the baby
Whatever you do
Don't Drop the baby
Whatever you do
Don't Drop the baby
Mom'll be mad
And you will be sad
The baby will cry

Weird dreams. Weird song. Low is such an interesting band. This song is from their box set titled A Lifetime of Temporary Relief. I love that title. I understand about the need for temporary relief. I also understand that ultimately, temporary relief will not cure what ails you.

Speaking of, I read a fascinating article about addiction the other day that someone posted on Facebook. It talked about the role isolation has in perpetuating addiction, and how love and community help addicts recover. Which brought home to me the importance of doing the hard work of peeling back what's in the way of our own ability to be vulnerable so we can enjoy happy, healthy and connected lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment