Monday, June 22, 2015

Innocent When You Dream

Away he goes...
I drove my son to sleepaway soccer camp yesterday. It wasn't easy driving away, even now that he's 15 and has been away at camp before.  And today is my last day to spend with my daughter before I start my 16 day yoga teacher training intensive, during which I will get to see very little of my kids.

So I was already feeling emotional this morning, but this song put me right over the edge:

The bats are in the belfry
the dew is on the moor
where are the arms that held me
and pledged her love before
and pledged her love before

It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green
it's memories that I'm stealing
but you're innocent when you dream
when you dream
you're innocent when you dream

Running through the graveyard
we laughed my friends and I
we swore we'd be together
until the day we died
until the day we died

I made a golden promise
that we would never part
I gave my love a locket
and then I broke her heart
and then I broke her heart

Yeah Tom, it happens. And it's ok. Our hearts get broken in large and small ways throughout our lives, I reckon. And as long as we allow the heartbreak to open us rather than shut us down, it's all good...

No comments:

Post a Comment