Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Smiley Faces

This morning at practice, one of the newer people in our group decided he would practice alongside me and follow my movements. After we'd completed five Surya Namaskar As (sun salutes), I found a piece of floss attached to my left heel.

That's right -- it had been there on my entire 6 mile bike ride to the studio and it stayed on through most of my warm up once I got there. Wow -- those are some seriously velcro heels I've got!

The person with whom I was practicing and I could not stop laughing about it, and although it was probably somewhat inappropriate during practice, it also felt really good.

On my bikeride home, I started thinking about songs about smilin', and the song that came to me, Nat King Cole's Smile, is actually not a very happy song.

So I checked with my friend Google and she came up with this one:

I need to know this - cause I notice when you're smilin'
Out in the sun havin' fun and you're feelin' free
And I can tell you know how hard this life can be
But you keep on smilin' for me

What went right? What went wrong?
Was it the story - or was it the song?
Was it overnight - or did it take you long?
Was knowing your weakness what made you strong?

Or all the above - oh how I love to see you smilin'
And oh yeah - take a little pain just in case
You need something warm to embrace
To help you put on a smilin' face
Hey, put on a smilin' face

Don't you go off into the new day with any doubt
Here's a summary of somethin' that you could smile about:
Say for instance, my girlfriend she bugs me all the time
But the irony of it all is that she loves me all the time

I want to be you - whenever I see you smilin'
Cause it's easily one of the hardest things to do
Your worries and fears become your friends
And they end up smilin' at you
Put on a smilin' face

I'm not one to put one on if I'm not feeling it, but this morning, I'm feeling it, and it feels goooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment