Friday, September 18, 2015

The One That Got Away

U.P. here I come!
I've been trying to hold it together through this whole mice in the house ordeal, but this morning when I was trying to practice yoga, the sound of the mice chewing on the poison that the pest control people left on Wednesday was all too much.

I decided to turn on music to drown it out, and that worked for a while, but I was already feeling raw emotionally -- so much so that Katy Perry sent me right over the edge:

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

I know! Katy Perry. It's just that I was preparing for my road trip to the UP sans the one who not only got away from me in general but used to get away with me up there, and I just lost it.

Then I lost it again in the car when I was leaving a friend a voicemail, and, well, let's just say it happened repeatedly during the long journey and is part of the reason I expected this trip to be a catharsis and that I was ok going by myself.

But here's the thing: This is not another life. This is my life. I am single. I am fit. I like mountain biking and camping especially in beautiful weather and beautiful places. I don't know a lot of people who are both free to get away and who enjoy the same kind of weekend. So I am making it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment