Sunday, November 13, 2016

Carry On

Heard this song on my way home from day number two of great Ashtanga practices with a gifted teacher and awesome Autumnal mountain bike rides at CamRock:

And after all's been said and done
Who said it best, were you the one?
Let's just forget, leave it behind
And carry on

If you should find the time to speak
Then speak to me, I'd never keep
You from your final destiny
So carry on

Into the quiet I am bound
What you have lost, I've never found
I lost my nerve, yet peace surrounds
So carry on

It's a beautiful song, in that distinctly Norah Jones way that her songs are beautiful, and it feels apropos of what the New Englander and I have decided to do:

And now that all's been said and done
Who said it best, were you the one?
Let's just forget, leave it behind
And carry on
Let's just forget, leave it behind
And carry on

We've decided to carry on with our love, and leave behind the years where things for the two of us didn't quite line up based on what we both brought to the relationship when we met.

It's a complicated history, to be sure, but it feels anything but complicated to me right now. It feels like everything's lining up the way my heart, mind, body and soul has been hoping it would!

No comments:

Post a Comment