Monday, December 19, 2016

Marry You


Back at the scene of the proposal for a solo xc ski
Approximately four years ago, while out cross country skiing with the New Englander, I asked him to marry me. I didn't plan it. I just said it with conviction because I felt it: I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man.

How did he answer? He said it was a lovely proposal, but he couldn't.

Ooooof.

So that was hard to hear, and hard to deal with, and six months later he moved back East.

Fast forward to today -- four years since I asked -- I called him from work this afternoon. In the course of the conversation, he said something like "You got your ex coming back into your life wanting to marry you..."

And I just started grinning. Real big.

Later in the conversation, I said to him: "You just said you wanted to marry me!" And he said "Yep, I do. I want to marry you."

I cannot tell you how happy it made me to hear him say that. I can't put it into words. When you get what you dreamt about, it's kinda hard to know what to do with yourself, or at least, it is for me.

So how about a cheesy song to mark this day when my man said aloud he wants to marry me?

It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go oh oh oh,
No one will know oh oh oh,
Oh, come on, girl.
Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow oh oh oh,
Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

So grateful that he's ready like I'm ready now!

No comments:

Post a Comment