Monday, May 27, 2019

Inside Job

Yoga: the ultimate inside job
On Friday I had SUCH an exciting thing happen -- unfortunately I don't have a photo or video of it, but I dropped from standing into a backbend!

In Ashtanga this is called a dropback, and I had only been working toward it over the last couple of weeks. When my teacher told me today that she thought I was ready, I was SUPER surprised, but I just decided to go with it.

Maybe the best part of the whole experience was having the woman next to me say to me afterward: "I was watching you and you just went for it without any hesitation!"

It made me feel soooooo good to have been that person: fearless, if even for a moment. I've lived with so much fear in my life, and it's stopped me from so much, and I'm just so, so, so thankful that I've been doing this inside job for 10 years or so now and IT'S CLEARLY WORKING.

Sing it Eddie:

Underneath this smile Lies everything
All my hopes, anger, pride and shame
Make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past
Just for today, I am free

I will not lose my faith
It's an inside job today

I know this one thing well
I used to try and kill love, it was the highest sin
Breathing insecurity out and in
Searching hope, I'm shown the way to run straight
Pursuing the greater way for all human light
How I choose to feel is how I am
How I choose to feel is how I am

I will not lose my faith
It's an inside job today

Holding on, the light of the night
On my knees to rise and fix my broken soul again
Let me run into the rain
To be a human light again
Let me run into the rain
To shine a human light today

That's me for sure -- shining my human light!

No comments:

Post a Comment