Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tonight

I was feeling unsettled when we crawled into bed tonight, so I put the ipod on shuffle and waited to see what showed up. As usual, hearing a tune by Low didn't really make me feel less unsettled, except to help name a part of what was going on inside me (and maybe my man too since I rarely sleep alone these days):

trying to keep time
closer than we like
memories still lie
tonight
faces of the day
pressed up to your spine
blessings still to come
tonight
tonight

precious things unsaid
as the night begins
who will hang his head
tonight
tonight
tonight

Mostly, things are great with us, but from time to time, shit comes up. My shit, his shit, and maybe every once in a while our shit, but the latter doesn't ever stick around long. I think that's because we do a really great job of communicating about it when it does, and also because we're emotionally savvy enough at this point to be able to differentiate the different shit that inevitably comes up...

No comments:

Post a Comment