Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Turn Me On

Another bonus track from ipod shuffle tonight -- this one's also quiet, but its lyrics aren't quite so bleak:

stripped as you are you come to me
i won't deny you anything
while you need it
when you need it
i'm a faucet
i'm a faucet
i'm a faucet

I like the concept of being a faucet. There's a lot of possibility there -- a lot of range -- temperature, water pressure -- it's not just on or off. I reckon I am like a faucet, and a lot of the time I can be turned on, -- by myself, or by others -- but not always. So the lyric "I won't deny you anything while you need it when you need it" isn't wh0lly accurate - cause I can only give it when I have it to give. I can give it when I'm not feeling it, as I did in my first marriage all the time, but now I know it ultimately ends up costing me too much, so I don't go down that road anymore. Probably not coincidentally, I much more often find myself in the on position these days:

when its hard to face the fear
that i won't find you anywhere
will you find me
recognise me
stay beside me
stay beside me

...and I reckon that's partly as a result of being found, recognized and stood beside time after time with my man:

you're the velvet in my mouth
you i cannot be without
you make it so good
make it so good
love is so good

It sure is. There are so many juicy nuggets in these lyrics, but perhaps the most notable for me are the last two lines:

when it comes and you give it back
and you give it back

I just get so much out of the love I give to my man these days. When I didn't have it to give, but went through the motions, I really wasn't giving it back. Sure glad I'm in the position to do so now...

No comments:

Post a Comment