Saturday, January 14, 2012

United States of Tara theme

A coworker recommended United States of Tara to me, based on my love of Six Feet Under, my favorite television series of all time.

The premise is a little wacky -- Tara has multiple personality disorder and goes off her meds to get herself back -- which I can only peripherally relate to having once been dulled by antidepressants and now back to 100% Sarahness. But I really like the show (I watch it on my laptop since I don't have a TV), and its theme song is awesome:

Open up the sky this mess is getting high
It’s windy and our family needs a ride
I know we’ll be just fine when we learn to love the ride
I know we’ll be fine when we learn to love the ride
I know we’ll be just fine when we learn to love the ride

I'm working on learning to love the ride myself, and most of the time I do pretty well, butknowing I'll be just fine while learning to love the ride -- I might still be a little shy of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment