Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back Home Again

I invited my love over yesterday to clarify what I was feeling and what I needed: to break off our romantic relationship, for now, because I am no longer comfortable with the status quo, in which so much is uncertain and things feel too precarious to build upon.

It was wonderful to see him and be with him, as usual. It feels like I'm in my natural state when I'm in his arms. Home, you might say, and I did say, while we were together.

So did the ipod, choosing this cool cover of a John Denver classic while on shuffle this morning before he left:

And oh, the time that I can lay this tired old body down
and feel your fingers feather soft up-on me
the kisses that I live for, the love that lights my way
the happiness that livin' with you brings me.

It's the sweetest thing I know of, just spending time with you
it's the little things that make a house a home.
Like a fire softly burning and supper on the stove.
And the light in your eyes that makes me warm

Hey, it's good to be back home again...

No comments:

Post a Comment