Thursday, March 22, 2012

Heal the World

Today's song selection is in honor of my firstborn, whose innate desire to protect nature and be kind to people helps heal the world every day. He is 12 years old today, a responsible middle schooler who gets his homework done without being asked.

Tonight one of his assignments was to write a paragraph about a woman who was similar to one of the women he is studying. "Could I compare you to Mother Theresa, Mom, since you're always kind to people no matter what?"

Love that kid, and although I'm still no saint, I can honestly say that I'm a whole lot more like Mother Theresa since he's been my companion on this planet. Like all children in their own way, he's making good on Michael's plea to:

Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me

If you want to know why
There's a love that cannot lie
Love is strong
It only cares for joyful giving
If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear or dread
We stop existing and start living

So grateful to have made that transition from existing to living, and I'm not sure I would have done it without my babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment