Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Egg Raid on Mojo

This has been a cracking good day from start to finish, and it started, at 4am, with me cracking an egg.

Unlike one of the coolest bands ever, The Beastie Boys, my egg raid took place in my kitchen, but seeing this video tonight sure brought back some fond memories of my slam-dancing youth. (Mind you, when this video was shot, I was 8, and my dancing was a little less violent in those days.)

But I digress -- back to the 4am egg. This past week has been rough on me, so I've been trying to be good to myself in little ways, like eating and drinking what I want when I want. Last night I had two cravings: eggs and pasta, and though I briefly thought about combining the two I quickly settled on tortellini with pesto instead. When I went to sleep, after enjoying some vino, I dreamt about eggs. Weird dreams, not that there are probably a lot of normal dreams about eggs, but these were pretty strange. Like I gave two people gifts, and they were eggs. Cooked eggs, but wrapped up as if they were presents. And I packed for a business trip, only to realize, when I got there, that I hadn't brought a suit to wear, only an egg sandwich. You may be starting to see why, when I woke up to pee at 4am (which is not unusual), I got out a frying pan, turned it on, and cooked myself an egg (which is unusual). I ate it on toast with avocado, and it tasted about as good as anything I've ever eaten has tasted. Weird, huh? Then I meditated a bit, and fell back to sleep.

It was a gorgeous day today, and I had the good fortune to meet one of my favorite pals to enjoy some time outside right in the middle of it. I told him my egg tale, and he had some fascinating takes on it. I'm not going to go into it all here, but there was talk about amniotic sacs, and yolks, and the need for both nourishment and protection, and maybe I wasn't getting both even though I needed both, and the sperm and the egg, and maybe I've been too spermy and I need to be more eggy. The egg, you see, drops and then waits to see what comes to it. I, on the other hand, have been doing a lot of swimming. Perhaps too much swimming.

I reckon the moral of the story is this: enter the scene (drop), sit, wait until you've been given nourishment and protection, and THEN make your baby, whatever your baby may be.

1 comment:

  1. sarah, i just love this. and who is your dream-analyzing friend, i must know!

    i also like the moral of the story part. i need to remember that as it applies to my own life and your phrasing will help me there!

    ReplyDelete