Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm Into Something Good

What a fantastic weekend. Slept in on Saturday, got to snuggle in my bed with both kids -- so delicious -- got to eat bacon -- so delicious -- see an old friend at my son's triumphant soccer game, and then had friends over for dinner. Sunday I had a great yoga practice followed by some nice time with my kids and some time in my garden -- all on an absolutely gorgeous day.

All three of us were feeling really good. My daughter even played this song -- a song I didn't even know she knew:

Woke up this morning feelin' fine
There's something special on my mind
Last night I met a new girl in the neighborhood, whoa yeah
Something tells me I'm into something good
(Something tells me I'm into something)

She's the kind of girl who's not too shy
And I can tell I'm her kind of guy
She danced close to me like I hoped she would
(She danced with me like I hoped she would)
Something tells me I'm into something good
(Something tells me I'm into something)

We only danced for a minute or two
But then she stuck close to me the whole night through
Can I be fallin' in love?
(She's everything I've been dreamin' of)
She's everything I've been dreamin' of

I'm not falling in love at the moment, but that's ok, because my kids are everything I've dreamed of, and more. When it was close to bedtime, I realized that I hadn't yet done my 5 minutes of meditation, so I told my daughter I was going to do it while she brushed her teeth and then I'd read to her. She said no, wait, she wanted to sit with me. She listened while I told her about the objects on my altar. And we sat.

And even though my mind was supposed to be quiet, I kept hearing:

Something tells me I'm into something good...

No comments:

Post a Comment