Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Your Body is a Wonderland

It was hot and humid today, but after briefly considering running inside and then going to a fitness class I decided to take my regular 7 miler outside. The hot weather is just part of the experience, I told myself. And it wasn't so bad. I decided to listen to another Slacker countdown -- the top 44 love songs of all time -- which for starters let me just say is a misnomer for many of the songs on this list.

Including this one, which the countdown hosts said was written by John Mayer at age 14 about his girlfriend at the time. 14? Are you kidding me? I have a 14 year old. I can't imagine that someone wrote a song like this when he was that young. I was in my 20s when I first heard the expression room for two:

We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body is a wonderland

I like to think I have a little more time before the body being a wonderland becomes part of my children's world -- but maybe I have less time than I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment