Sunday, June 1, 2014

Peaceful, Easy Feeling

I'm just back from an inspiring weekend with an amazing yoga teacher, Zoe Mai. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here, but things began to shift for me in the workshop. And one of the things that shifted was any illusion I had that I know what the rest of my life looks like or how to get the things I want (or even what I want). I'm ready to turn it over in a different way. To commit to the practice as one part of the path to my own integration and wholeness.

To ask for what I want in my life: Peace. Love. Comfort. Belonging. Joy. Service. Connection. Spirit. Passion. Adventure.

Without specifying who or what or when I need those things, or how.

Which leaves me with a greater sense of peace and a song in my head:

I like the way your sparkling earrings lay,
Against your skin, it's so brown.
And I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight
With a billion stars all around.

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling,
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing on the ground.

That's right, The Eagles. How can you beat this vintage video from 1973, when yours truly was 2 years old?

And I found out a long time ago
What a woman can do to your soul.
Oh, but she can't take you anyway,
You don't already know how to go.

And I got a peaceful easy feeling,
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing on the ground.

I get this feeling I may know you as a lover and a friend.
But this voice keeps whispering in my other ear,
Tells me I may never see you again.

'cause I get a peaceful easy feeling
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing...
I'm already standing...
Yes, I'm already standing on the ground
Oh, oh

No comments:

Post a Comment