Thursday, April 9, 2015

Slip Slidin' Away

Heard this song in the car today:

Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away

...and it felt appropriate for marking this day for a couple of reasons:

1)  Last night I went to Yin, where you can only dream of something slip slidin' away -- nothing happens that smoothly or quickly or painlessly. And yet, it may well be that it's the place where the most letting go happens. Kinda like with life. It's the heartbreakers that hurt like crazy that really open up a person. I should know:

I know a man
He came from my home town
He wore his passion for his woman
Like a thorny crown
He said Dolores
I live in fear
My love for you's so overpowering
I'm afraid that I will disappear

Totally get that fear, but in my experience, the more you walk toward loving another human being with your whole self, the more that self is revealed.

2) I went to hot yoga this morning, and try as they might, my band aids just didn't quite manage to stay in place through all the sweating:

Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away...

No comments:

Post a Comment